Casa da Aldeia
Located on a hillside just above the Portuguese village of Santa Bárbara de Nexe, Casa da Aldeia offers you a wonderful view over the whole Bay of Faro.
The accommodation is set in a traditional Portuguese House of the year 1911.
The two holiday houses are located in the courtyard of an old traditional Portuguese House and are totally restored. Authentic details such as a well, traditional oven and floors have been preserved. An oasis of calm in a Portuguese mountain village.
If you are looking for hustle, a 12-minute drive down the mountain and you are in the city or on the beach.
From the roof terrace and the garden you have a wonderful view over the whole Bay of Faro. Algarve lies literally at your feet.
The holiday homes have a private entrance, terrace with sitting area, living room with fireplace, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with shower and/or bath and hair dryer.
In the living room you will find a luxury sofa bed for two additional people or children.
Bed linen, towels and tea towels are available.
Common areas include the rooftop terrace, garden and courtyard where one can make use of the barbecue.
The two completely renovated apartments, each with a private entrance, you rent apart or jointly.
Perfect for two families to stay.
1 km away guests will find a supermarket, restaurants, cafes, post office, bank, hairdresser etc.
Casa da Aldeia
Sítio da Aldeia nº990Z
Santa Bárbara de Nexe
The vibrant city of Faro has a lot to offer.
- In the centre of the city is the major cathedral Se at the Largo da Sé.
- Near the Cathedral is the monastery Nossa Senhora da Assuncao, that nowadays gives shelter to the museum (Museu Municipal/Museu Arqueologico).
- In the chapel of the Baroque Igreja do Carmo Church are over a thousand skulls and bones of monks. Well worth seeing!
- In the museum Etnografico you can see old crafts, tools, rugs, and traditional houses. Many pictures illustrate the former way of life.
- The Museu Maritimo Ramalho Ortigao is the maritime museum. There are many ships from the time of explorers.
Eating and drinking in Faro is a pleasure. In the nature reserve Parque Natural da Ria Formosa mussels and oysters are grown. In addition to fresh fish knows the menu in Faro even more delights such as lamb, chicken and the local delicacy Porco Preto. (Black colored pork)
In the Centre of Faro you can enjoy food and drinks in one of the many cosy restaurants, especially in the pedestrian zone. The city market (Mercado Municipal) allows you to get fresh produce from the area. The market has also clothing and handicrafts.
Shopping in Faro is a pleasure. The popular shopping area is located at the Jardim Manuel Bivar and in the pedestrian areas and is full of a variety of boutiques.
Forum Algarve is located just outside the town centre, the largest shopping centre in the city. It has air conditioning that makes for very pleasant shopping on warm days.
There is always a reason for a Festival or event:
- The first 2 weeks of February: Festas do Concelho or Comemoracoes do Dia da Cidade, the day of the city is Faro. Many sports activities, concerts and exhibitions.
- On 25 april: Revolution day with lots of music and activities.
- In late July and early August: Festa da Ria Formosa that dedicated to gastronomy.
- In August: During 5 days Folklore in Faro with entertainment throughout the city.
-The last 2 weeks of August: the Feira dos Doces, Frutos Secos e Bebidas Regionais, a market with especially sweet and local products.
-The last 2 weeks of October: the festival Feira de Santa Iria in the Largo de Francisco. Exhibitions, crafts and entertainment for the whole family.
For nature lovers is the natural park Parque Natural da Ria Formosa a topper with a coastline of about 60 km. A band of island protects life in the lagoon from the open sea, but is always the ebb and flow of influence. In this environment are wetlands, salt marshes, Straits and channels. In the lagoon are various kinds of shellfish and many species of fish. As a result, birds and other animal species, such as herons, storks and the snipe.
In Faro and the surrounding area are many beautiful long beaches. The Beach Praia de Faro is one of the islands off the coast of Faro. A bridge connects the island with the mainland. The bridge is accessible by bus (8 km) or from the other side by boat. The cosy island has all sorts of facilities and various restaurants.
||Sítio da Aldeia nº990Z
Santa Bárbara de Nexe
||+31 (0)6 465 703 65
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 16 September 2017