Birchlea Lodge, Kippford Luxury Log Cabin (pet friendly)
Overlooking a charming lochan in a small landscaped site with an exclusive feel, Birchlea Lodge is close to the seafront in the popular & picturesque former fishing village of Kippford.
Sleeping 6 with 2 bathrooms, the luxury log cabin provides you with the perfect base for a holiday or short break and is a modern alternative to a more traditional holiday cottage. Accepts pets/dog-friendly. Spacious comfortable accommodation comprising:
- master King-sized double with en-suite showerroom with walk-in shower
- 2 twin-bedded rooms
- cot available
- family bathroom with shower over bath
Large open-plan living/dining room & fully fitted kitchen
-2-seater and 3-seater couches and an armchair
-Sky TV & DVD, CD player/radio
- Dining table which seats 6 (and extends)
Modern fully fitted kitchen with full cooker & hob, and microwave.
Cosy in winter with full gas central heating and stove-style electric fire, and perfect for summer living with verandas and level grassed surround, Birchlea Lodge is available all year round. Sliding doors open out to the verandahs both from the living room & dining area. Facing south and west it is well situated for the sun.
Birchlea is well equipped for self catering, or there are 2 seafront pubs with outdoor seating only 10-15 mins stroll down the hill. Both are a perfect place to dine al fresco on a warm day overlooking the boats in the estuary, or watch the setting sun with a glass of wine! One has a garden with play area for children.
The Colvend Coast has much to offer in the way of beaches and walking. And Birchlea is only yards from one of the celebrated 7Stanes Mountain biking trail centres at Dalbeattie Forest. Bikes can be hired nearby.
Other examples of local activities:
- 9-hole golf course across the road
- Horse-riding at nearby Bar-End, nr Sandyhills
- Galloway Activity Centre at Loch Ken which provides water sports and land activities for all the family. Taster sessions, or days of instruction can be easily booked.
- Sandyhills beach - large golden sandy bay with facilities
- Shell, sand & shingle beaches at Kippford & Rockcliffe
- The UK's only 'Dark Sky Park' at Galloway Forest Park. As the region suffers from very little light pollution, the night skies are truly stunning when clear.
- Mabie Farm Park, nr Dumfries
Castle Douglas, a designated ‘Food Town’, and the artists’ haven, Kirkcudbright, are only a short drive away. And did we mention ice cream farms? Cream O Galloway Visitor Centre with nature walks, excellent adventure play, bike skills and ice cream cafe is only half an hour away and nearer to Dumfries is Drummuir Ice Cream farm.
Or if relaxing is more to your liking, Birchlea is the perfect location for watching the world and the wildlife go by. We have red squirrels in Kipp Paddock, and deer, badgers and all sorts of birdlife have also been seen.
2 Kipp Paddock
Nr Dalbeattie DG5 4LG
Dumfries & Galloway
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 26 April 2011