The house has two comfortable double rooms with a pleasant bathroom, decorated with traditional hand-painted azulejos, a big living/dining-room and a roomy country house kitchen with modern equipment.
Casa Brigitte has a spacious courtyard with a barbecue and also a big garden with a comfortable chairs and tables in the shade of 10 magnificent cedars in a pleasant rural setting with panoramic views on the valley.
Casa Brigitte is licensed as a “Casa de Campo” by the Portuguese Rural Tourism.
The house is situated with in a 4.5 ha country estate, the Quinta Do Sobral. Guests are invited to take part in the Quinta's agricultural activities if they wish.
Figueiró dos Vinhos, nestling picturesquely in the hilly country, is an enchanting regional centre well worth visiting. It has historic buildings, cafés, shops and flower-bedecked parks which shape its appearance. The village lies in an area of exceptional natural beauty and at the same time within the „Historic Triangle“ of Portugal. Casa Brigitte is ideal for sightseeing as well as more sporting activities like fishing, hiking, mountain biking, bathing and much more!
Casa Brigitte is ideally located as a staring-point for various activities:
- Visits to several UNESCO World Heritage sites, e.g. the medieval abbey of Batalha, the monastery of Alcobaça and the Christ’s Convent in Tomar
- Visits to old castles in the surroundings – many originally Moorish
- Visits to Coimbra and its universitiy, one of the oldest in Europe
- Visits to Conímbriga, the greatest Roman ruins in Portugal
- Visits to Fátima, the world-famous place of pilgrimage
- Visits to traditional Schist villages of Pinhal (one is within the concelho of Figueiró dos Vinhos)
- Enjoying the natural beauty of the region
- Hiking in the Serra da Lousã, on request with professional guide
- Practising water-sports or fishing (the river Zêzere is close)
- Relaxing on the nearby river banks of Rio Zêzere and Ribeira de Alge or at the river swimming pool Praia das Rocas
Monuments: the medieval abbey of Batalha, the monastery of Alcobaça, Christ’s Convent in Tomar, the Roman ruins in Conímbriga, the castles of Penela, Marvão and Ourém
- The Schist villages of Pinhal
- Cities: Coimbra
- Landscapes: the Serra da Lousã
- Beaches: the river banks of Rio Zêzere and Ribeira de Alge, Praia das Rocas
- Areas for hunting or fishing
||Porto Douro - Rua Principal
3260-342 Figueiró dos Vinhos
||(+00351) 960 232 988
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 06 March 2010