Holiday Home Rental Donegal
5 Bed House - Sleeps 10
Comfortable, newly renovated 100 year old village house. Daisy Cottage is also our own holiday home and as such we have furnished and fitted it with mostly everything a family could need. We want Daisy Cottage to be your home away from home and as welcoming and comfortable as possible for our guest.
The kitchen is well stocked with plenty of cooking pans, utensils, knives, chopping boards and cooking aids including cook books. As an additional extra, we can by prior arrangement, have an evening meal cooked for you on one of your evenings in our home. Sample menus and prices available on request.
The house is suitable for families and small groups of up to 10. We are family friendly in that most baby needs can be supplied (on prior request) and there is a lovely orchard garden to the rear of the property where children can play. We also have a toy box of little toys to keep the kiddies happy and a selection of children’s dvds also.
In the house:
- 3 double bedded rooms (all en suite/showers) - 1 of which is on the groundfloor and the en suite is walk in wet room with disabled wc. There is a ramp to this bedroom and also a ramp from the rear of the property to make access to the garden/bbq easier.
- 2 twin bedded rooms
- Separate bathroom
- Large kitchen/diner with granite worktop, large American style fridge/freezer with ice and chilled, filtered water dispensers, dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, etc.
- Separate utility area with washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board.
- Open fire in living room. Also tv, dvd player, cd player and selection of dvds and cds.
- Good quality white towels and bed linen supplied.
- Games room with pool table, darts board etc.
- ipod docking station, free internet access and in house computer, mobile/cell phone available on loan by prior request.
- Skype may be available.
- Books, cds, dvds, board games in house.
- For baby guest we can supply cot, safety gates, high chair, listening device, steriliser, etc. by prior arrangement.
- Hairdryers also supplied.
- Pets sometimes welcome but ONLY with owners prior WRITTEN consent.
- Smoking not allowed in house or games room but okay in the garden and bbq area.
Dunkineely is a small village in the South West of Donegal, a few minutes drive from Donegal Town where boat trips around Donegal Bay area available. In the other direction and a few minutes drive away is the fishing port of Killybegs where freshyly caught fish can be purchased on the pier daily.
Locally visitors can do any number of activities including horseriding, fishing (lake, sea and river), take boat trips out to sea, hill walking and hiking, surfing, diving, golf, and so on.
There are many scenic drives including a short distance away Slieve League, the highest accessible sea cliffs in Europe where there are stunning views over the sea and mountains. There are many archeological sites including dolmens, old churches, graveyards and buildings.
The area is very beautiful and therefore an ideal location for those who enjoy painting and photography.
For those interested in marine life there are many sightings of dolphins in the waters near our holiday home.
There are numerous sandy beaches, many of which are European Blue Flag beaches.
The main town of Donegal, Letterkenny, is a drive of around 40 minutes away and has all the attractions of a larger town. The villages location makes day trips to surrounding counties (Sligo, Mayo, Leitrim, Cavan, and Northern Ireland) possible.
We have compiled a book for the house which outlines in much more detail places to visit locally.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 06 September 2009