Ty Glyn Davis Trust
The Ty Glyn Davis Trust offers a fully accessible self-catering holiday centre for people with disabilities.
Situated in Ciliau Aeron, Ceredigion, West Wales just two miles from the picturesque harbour town of Aberaeron, the holiday centre is set amongst mature woodlands on the banks of the river Aeron. Guests have unlimited access to the beautifully restored walled garden and adventure playground which is fully accessible to wheelchair users.
Open all year round - ideal for larger families or groups
The centre sleeps up to 16 people in 9 bedrooms. There are three bathrooms, one drive-in for wheelchair users, one en-suite shower room and a new purpose-built bathroom with overhead hoist, air bath, powered shower and a changing bed.
There is a spacious living/recreation room with snooker table and a well stocked games cupboard. The living area leads out to the large decked area and a patio ideal for BBQ's. There is a large dining area and a fully equipped kitchen with 2 gas cookers, fridge, freezer and microwave oven. There are also washing and drying facilities and a linen hire service.
Bookings are taken all year round from groups, schools or families.
Special facilities for wheelchair users and portable hoists are available, as well as an adjustable powered bed, so the centre is able to welcome children, young people, their families, friends and carers with any sort of physical or learning disability.
The aim of the Trust is to establish and run accommodation and leisure facilities for children and young people with disabilities. At present, these consist of the Holiday Centre, and part of the Ty Glyn estate, with a restored walled garden, woodland walk and river frontage on the Aeron River.
The Holiday Centre can be booked by Groups, Schools and Families with disabled members. Those with special needs and their carers, also relevant organisations for educational/training and related purposes.
* The Centre is a single storey building, awarded Accessibility Grade 2 (suitable for wheel chair users with assistance)
* It can accommodate 16 people in 9 bedrooms
* The bedrooms are divided over two wings of the building, making it suitable for larger or smaller groups
* Contains a fully equipped kitchen with 2 gas cookers, fridge, freezer and microwave oven
* Dedicated laundry room/drying facilities
* Patio deck with outdoor furniture
* Central heating throughout
* Three bathrooms: one drive-in for wheelchair users, one en-suite shower room and a purpose-built bathroom with overhead hoist, grab rails, air bath, roll-in shower, with powered shower/changing bed
* One of the bedrooms has an electrically powered adjustable bed
* Portable hoist available
* A spacious lounge with recreation area (snooker table, Freeview television and DVD/video player, board games)
* Linen hire service
The Holiday Centre is located outside the village of Ciliau Aeron, Ceredigion, West Wales. Located in the quiet countryside, it is five miles from the picturesque harbour town of Aberaeron. Sandy beaches where seals and dolphins may be seen are only a short drive away.
Aberaeron, 4 miles away, was once a busy little harbour town. Now famous for its Georgian architecture and picturesque harbour, it is now a popular tourist destination. There is a variety of small shops selling local produce and a craft centre.
There is also a good selection of cafes, restaurants, take-a-way's and public houses serving meals.
New Quay, 10 miles away is a small picturesque popular seaside destination famous for its family of Bottlenose Dolphins, that remain there throughout the year. New Quay has the enjoyment of four beaches all within 1 mile. There are ample cafes and restaurants. Fish & chips, Indian and Chinese take-a-way's, public houses with gardens for the children most of which serve mid-day and evening meals.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 06 November 2012