Traditional Scottish Self Catering Cottage on shores of Glenelg
A smoke free establishment.
Originally a traditional tin roofed ‘but n’ ben’, Barracks Cottage remains couthy, charming and steeped in the historical shadow of Bernera Barracks. The cottage is bestowed with exceptional, uninterrupted, panoramic views across the Sound of Sleat to the Isle of Skye.
* Nestling in front of the ruin of the18C Bernera Barracks, surrounded by almost a third of an acre (enclosed and suitable for children to play) and with ample parking.
* A secluded position, offering privacy, tranquillity and stunning views.
* Less than 5 minutes walk from the well stocked village shop, the cosy village inn, community hall and Dr’s surgery.
* Accessed at the end of a private track leading from Glenelg village centre.
* Characterful, cosy, with oil fired central heating throughout.
* Delightful combined L-shaped sitting/dining room with kitchen area.
* Sleeps 5: one double bedroom (kingsize bed) one bijou single room and one small twin room (single bed and cabin bed/mattress - 5’10” x 2’ 6”).
* Spacious bathroom (bath, basin & toilet) with separate electric shower cubicle.
* Sitting room has very comfortable seating, log burning stove, TV (freeview channels) wireless internet access and DVD player and corner dining table.
* Well equipped kitchen area (including electric cooker, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher & microwave & good storage etc.,).
* All electric usage, oil for central heating and starter basket of logs for the wood burning stove.
* Freshly laundered bed linen, bath sheets and hand towels
* Various basic food/cleaning items e.g. flour and washing up liquid (please replace what is used during your stay).
* Fold up cot.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 14 September 2011